Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Long time no post - bath day for Brandy


Just realised that it has been a long long time since my last post here. Brandy is fine, just great. She had a bath yesterday. Everytime I bathe her, she gets all nice and clean smelling whilst I stink. It is like she transfers all the yukky smell over to me.....hmmm.

A bath is like such a traumatic event for her, when actually she does nothing. I carry her into the shower, spray her, shampoo her, spray her, re-shampoo her, spray her, quick towel dry her, carry her out, slow towel dry her, hair dry her, then clean her ears with ear cleaner and cotton wool. What does she have to do for herself? Yet on bath days, she falls asleep earlier and sleeps longer. Maybe it is because of the body massage I give her when I shampoo her....heheh, a dog's life isn't tooooooooooooo bad is it.

Before I bathe her, I normally trim her nails. Why do dog's nails have to be different from human's. I always have to be careful not to cut too short as there is a vein (called the 'quick') running close to the tip of the nail. I would really like to cut her nails as short as mine. Suppose it has something to do with the ancestry of dogs but it is sure a nuisance. It grows fast and I have to make sure I trim it every week. Brandy hates nail cutting and always tries to push my hand away from her paws, pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that in her entire life I have cut too deeply three times (yes only three times considering how many times I have cut her nails and the fact that she is now nine) and made her nails bleed for all of five seconds. (Hint: if you hold a piece of tissue to the nail for a while, the bleeding will stop). This dog has a memory of an elephant for such things but takes a whole year (this was when she was a brand new pup) to be toilet-trained.

I now leave you with a recent pic of Brandy. You have to understand that this was taken in a room with the air-con blowing and it was pretty late at night. And no, that was not bath day.

No comments: