Monday, January 29, 2007

Sleeping (a short post)



Brandy sleeps on my bed at night. And she sleeps very well indeed, so much so that when I wake up in the mornings, she is usually still sleeping soundly. And she goes to bed earlier than I do! And she naps during the day too! If I'm not in a hurry, I will leave her and just continue with my morning routine. If I have to wake her, I usually pet her and speak to her and her tail will wag, then I carry her off the bed and put her on the floor. She doesn't jump off the bed 'cos of her bad leg (and I also think she is getting too old to jump around).

Sometimes Brandy dreams. I know she is dreaming 'cos she makes these little whimpering noises or her eyes will twitch or her legs will move around like she is running in her sleep or all three. I wonder what she dreams about.

She usually sleeps at the bottom of the bed but once in a while she will position herself right in the middle of the bed. When I get in, we have a little pushing game (where I push and she stays put) until she gives up and moves to her place at the end. I am glad she is not a big dog as I only win 'cos of the size difference.




1 comment:

Emma said...

Lol Brandy is so like Emma. She sleeps IN my bed. She likes to burrow under the duvet, but then gets too hot and comes up to the top and lays along the pillow. Right now she is there, snoring away. I have woken up in the morning sometimes with a scratch on my face, where she has kicked me in the night! Have you heard about our Dogs Trust website? You can have your own kennel, and post pictures of your dog, visit other dogs kennels, have friends, give treats to other dogs etc. It's a real hoot, please join! It's at www.doggysnaps.com. You will find Emma once you register by clicking on All Kennels and putting Emma into the search engine. There's lots of pics of her on there. Jan